- About Us
- Creative Reuse Center
- Virtual Events
Questions? Email: email@example.com.
Consider a financial donation to SCRAP to help us offset operational costs of processing your donation. Thanks for supporting SCRAP!
SCRAP Creative Reuse Center
1736 SW Alder Street
Portland, OR 97205
Donation Hours (by appointment only!)
Tuesday and Saturday, 10am to 3pm
SCRAP collects clean and reusable art, craft, and office supplies. Please follow these steps when making a donation to SCRAP:
1. Make sure we accept what you have. Check out the lists of: ITEMS WE ACCEPT and ITEMS WE DON’T ACCEPT below.
2. Bring your materials during our donation hours: Tuesday through Saturday, 10 am to 5 pm. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DONATIONS ON SUNDAYS AND MONDAYS.
3. Make an appointment if you have more than 4 banker boxes. Give us a call at 503-294-0769 x102 to schedule a drop-off.
4. Organize your donation in a box or bag you will leave with us. We sort through every donation to make sure we accept everything in it and we reserve the right to reject any donations. The more organized your donation is, the faster we will be able to get you in and out.
5. We will give you a tax receipt and that good feeling that comes with supporting your local creative reuse nonprofit!
Fabric is one of the most donated items to SCRAP. Please read these guidelines before donating fabric.
Thank you for understanding. Please contact us with further questions. Here are some alternative suggestions to take your fabric: William Temple House, various quilting guilds (e.g. Portland Modern Quilt Guild), schools/colleges, churches, community centers, free cycle, Facebook Marketplace, buy nothing groups, senior centers/assisted living, Goodwill.
Note: Italicized items we are especially in need of.
We currently cannot accept any plastic containers or bins due to total overload.
Fabric is one of the most donated items to SCRAP. Due to an overabundance, we are being extremely picky for the time being. Please read these guidelines before donating fabric.
Thank you for understanding. Please contact us with further questions.
Here are some alternative suggestions to take your fabric: William Temple House, various quilting guilds (ex. Portland Modern Quilt Guild), schools/colleges, churches, community centers, free cycle, Facebook marketplace, Buy Nothing groups, senior centers/assisted living, Goodwill.
We're all stocked up on gift wrap and party supplies at the moment, please check back later!
Please note: We occasionally get overloaded with items that we would normally accept and can no longer take them until we clear some inventory space. Please review the regularly updated Items We Accept info above, before donating.
Contact the relevant organization or consult their website before dropping off your materials.
SCRAP accepts donations by appointment at 1736 SW Alder St. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. 10am to 3pm-- by appointment only.
PLEASE NOTE: We only accept donations by appointment!
Donations are taken at the garage to the left of the SCRAP entrance. Please ring the doorbell next to the door by the garage.
We count on your generosity as an individual, foundation, corporate sponsor, or partner.
You feel the creative, environmental, and educational love from SCRAP. You return the love by adding to our resources so we can share with others. It becomes a circle of love that keeps giving – to you, to us, and to the entire community.
SCRAP is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, Federal Tax ID 93-1270807. Donations are tax deductible as allowed by law.